1. Commercial Law
Vogel Malan negotiate and close highly sophisticated transactions, representing public and private companies and private equity investors in a broad range of transactions. Our attorneys have handled matters in the courtroom and boardroom, with proven results in the transactional and litigation arenas. Our attorneys represent micro and macro businesses with respect to national business succession planning and are adept at planning for the management or disposition of unique and illiquid assets, such as private equity interests and closely held businesses. Vogel Malan’s attorneys apply corporate, securities, partnership and public law to complex business transactions involving the acquisition, ownership, financing and operation of commercial businesses in Southern Africa. Our Services comprise of the following:
- General Contract Drafting
- Shareholder Agreements
- Unique Memorandum of Incorporation (MoI)
- Share Sale Agreements
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Non- Disclosure Agreements
- Restraint of Trade Agreements
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Offer to Purchase
- Sale of a business as a going concern
- Acknowledgement of Debt Agreement
- Cession Loan
- Membership Agreements
- Sub-Contractor Agreements
- Subscription Agreements
- Variety of Agreements
Company Secretarial Service
- Consultations and Audit
- Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) Facilitations
- Administration of CIPC Documentation and Queries
- Chairing of Meetings and Minute Taking (Director’s and Shareholder’s)
- Drafting of Variety of Ordinary and Special Resolutions
- Issuing, Transfer and Maintenance of Share Registers
- Conversion and/or increase of Par Value Shares to No Par Value Shares
- Bank Facilitation
Facilitation of Juristic Entities
- Private Companies
- Non- Profit Companies (With or Without Members)
- Public Company
- Close Corporations
- Drafting of Trust Deed
- Compilation of required documentation
- Registration of Trust
What makes us different?
Vogel Malan draws from our unique knowledge of the African business environment and in-depth understanding of the socio-political climate to advise clients on a wide range of legal issues. Our aim is to assist our clients in achieving their objectives as smoothly and efficiently as possible while minimising the legal and regulatory risks.
Our clients include corporates, multinationals and state-owned enterprises across a range of industry sectors. We are a member of the Swiss Chamber of Commerce.
2. Family Law
Vogel Malan’s family law practice is one of the most distinguished practices in a full-service firm. Clients benefit from our lawyers who are trained in a variety of technical disciplines with experience in litigation, transactions and counselling matters involving all areas of Family Law.
In a time of despair our specialised Legal Team will assist and support you in the following:
- Anti-Nuptial Contracts
- Maintenance Matters
- Domestic Violence
- Rule 43
- Last Will and Testaments
- Non- Marital Couples
3. Labour Law
By combining sophisticated business advisory and crisis management skills with extensive experience in South Africa, Vogel Malan’s attorney’s navigate clients through the turmoil of situations involving all aspects of South African Labour Law which could have a large impact on financially restricted companies.
Our team of enthusiastic and specialised Labour Law Attorneys willing to assist you in the following:
- Labour Audit which ensures all areas are compliant with legislation.
- Drafting of Employment Contracts, Disciplinary Codes, Labour Manual and Policy Formulation.
- Conducting Disciplinary Enquiries and Chairing of Hearings
- CCMA Representation and assistance in Conciliation and Arbitration Hearings
- Assistance in Dismissals and Retrenchments
- Strike and Lock Out Administration
- Workplace Seminars and Assistance
- Electronic and Telephonic Support
- Registering your Company with an Employer’s Organisation to ensure that you are properly represented, and your interest protected
- Labour Court Litigation
- Integrated online Human Resource Information System
4. Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Vogel Malan has been recognized for its reputation as a Firm of trial attorneys (not just litigators) by successfully representing companies and clients involved in civil lawsuits and class actions. Because of our trial-ready philosophy, we are able to offer a deep bench of attorneys who have been taking cases to verdict since the early stages of their careers.
Our professional legal team can assist you in the following matters:
- Magistrate Court
- High Court
- Supreme Court of Appeal
5. B-BBEE Requirements
One of Vogel Malan’s founders, Hanlie Malan has been specializing in the strategic objectives of BBBEE since its inception in 2005 and has successfully ensured that all our clients have become B-BBEE compliant whilst still ensuring that their business operational objectives have been met. As a strategic partner we offer the following:
- Micro Except Enterprises (EME)
- Small Qualifying Enterprise (QSE)
- Generic Large Enterprise
- Draft Strategy and Proposal
- Gap Analysis
- B-BBEE Audit Verifications
- Facilitation of Verifications (SANAS)
6. Immigration Services
Vogel Malan Attorneys offer expert advice and representation in relation to South African immigration law, South African visa applications and South African visa reviews and appeals. Our highly qualified team have many years of experience in the field of immigration. We pride ourselves on our reputation for excellence, driven results and highly qualified personnel. Our standard of care ensures that we are fit, competent and up to date with all the South African immigration rules and regulations. When we submit a visa application to Home Affairs, it carries the highest possible chance of success. This can give you the peace of mind that your South African immigration matter is in competent hands.
Our services include but are not limited to the following:
- Work Visa
- Business Visa
- Retired Persons Visa
- Temporary Visa
- Permanent Residence
- Legal Consulting
- Facilitation services such as SAQA and/or Translations
At Vogel Malan, we believe that our ability to function at the very highest level of our profession is significantly enhanced by building a team of attorneys who bring us the benefits of a broad range of socioeconomic, racial, ethnic and personal backgrounds.
Our commitment to diversity is reflected not only in the Firm’s policies, programs and committees, but also through our efforts to build and maintain a culture that values and gathers strength from diversity.